Friday, March 21, 2008

Reflections on Days Gone By

With all this thinking about things that make me happy, I decided to pick up my old notebook and see what things are in it. Some of the things are things that have made me happy since childhood. Some are things that make me happy just because. And Some aer things that made me happy a very long time ago. When I wrote things in the notebook, they were in no particular order. I just wrote them down as they came to mind.

Here's the first 10 things in my notebook:
  • Walking in the rain
  • Splashing in puddles
  • Water gun fights
  • Writing secret admirer notes
  • Getting flowers for no reason
  • A smile of reassurance
  • A wink from across the room
  • Carnival rides
  • Milky Way Dark candy bars
  • Carmel apples in October

As I reflect on these, many memories come to mind. So most of these are happy memories. There's a story behind each of those entries, most of which are almost 20 years old. I still like walking in the rain, and getting flowers for no reason.As for the smile & the wink, those are things that can make any girl smile, yet these particular entries meant SO much more at the time.

So for today's Thing That Makes Me Happy:
Looking back, and still being able to smile!


No comments: