Friday, March 21, 2008

Giving Up Shopping for Lent

Today is yet another cold and grey day. I'm really looking forward to the warm weather; warm, not hot! It's Good Friday, and that means Lent is almost over. What does this mean to me? I get to resume shopping! For lent, I gave up buying things I don't need. This has been quite a sacrifice for me. I love to shop on line, and that's why I have a craft room full of stuff I don't use! So, what's my happy thing today? It's learning to think before I buy!

This has been an unusually rough Lent season, and I know I'm not the only one who has been faced with many challenges. I am hoping that my sacrifice will only be rewarded. I have learned some self-control, so that's a good thing. I actually have started looking at things and asking myself, "Will I actually use this, or am I buying it just because it's cool, or a good deal?" Yet at the same time, I have a list of things I cannot wait to buy! To add to my Lent sacrifice, I am trying to wait until April to buy many of the things I want. Yes, I have ulterior motives for waiting, but I'm still waiting! I have added another 9 days to my Lent sacrifice! But I think I can do it! I once gave up coffee for 83 days, so this should be a little easier.



So for today's Thing That Makes Me Happy:
Learninging it's OK not to buy something just because it's on sale
(Don't tell my husband!)

No comments: